Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the nominees from this past weekend. There were close to a thousand votes again for the third straight week and thanks for weighing in. Gary Danielson has officially made his move for a repeat, and with Pammy on the bench this weekend a ton of people are going to try and make up some ground.
Here are the Top Ten and the results as well as your updated standings at the bottom.....
10. "Tennessee has beaten Tennessee three times this year."- Gary Danielson
9. "It was a missed PTA." - Brent Musburger referring to the end of the Ole Miss/Florida game
8. "They call it a naked bootleg, because you are out there alone, and they are undressing you, and you are left all exposed." - Dave Archer
7. "Four of the last three years." - Kirk Herbstreit in reference to USC losing to unranked opponents
6. "He's giving the traveling call"- Jesse Palmer not realizing that the motion is the same for a false start
5. "In college football brad, you know, when you make a first down, first downs that you have possession of aren't really that important because if you make a first down it stops the clock" - Bob Griese
4. "You gotta love the offensive game plan so far here by California" - Charles Davis calling the Minnesota/Ohio State game
3. "This is an old-fashioned, country butt-kicking... and Georgia is supplying the butt." - Mike Patrick
2. "You gotta go for it here if you're Butch Davis and you came to win"- Andre Ware
"It's only third down"- Dave Pasch
1. "I don't even know if you're allowed to say this. But just like you can't be a little bit pregnant, you also can't be a little bit spread."- Gary Danielson on Auburn's spread offense
Standings After Week Five: 1. Pam Ward (40), 2. Mark Jones (21), 3. Bob Davie (20), 4. Charles Davis (18), 5. Lou Holtz (15), 6. Brent Musburger (13), 7. Andre Ware (14), 7. Kirk Herbstreit (14), 9. Mike Patrick (13), 10. Gary Danielson (12), 11. Brad Nessler (10), 11. Sean McDonough (10), 13. Tom Hammond (9), 14. Pat Haden (8), 14. Brock Huard (8), 14. Petros Papadakis (8), 14. Ray Bentley (8), 18. Alex Flanagan (7), 19. David Norrie (6), 19. Bob Griese (6), 21. Jesse Palmer (5), 22. Terry Gannon (4), 23. Dave Pasch (3), 23. Paul Maguire (3), 23. Dave Archer (3)
Your Week Five Pammy Nominees (Awful Announcing)
The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Five (Awful Announcing)