There were dozens of deserving nominees this week, and most all of them came from Chris Berman. The Sunday NFL Countdown host was in rare form this week, even for him. Elsewhere, Dick Stockton looks to build his lead and Brian Billick has no idea where he is or what he is doing. You could make the same argument for Donovan McNabb. Too soon? Here are your Week 13 nominees...
1) "Tom Brady is half quarterback, half coach, half coordinator." - Rich Gannon, no wonder Brady's so good, he's 1.5 people! (via markgoodman10)
2) "You can throw your QBR and completed passes out the window. I'll roll the ball downfield to win games" - Jon Gruden (via FlowyDNA)
3) "Arian Foster Houstonian for beer" - Chris Berman (via AA) in the most bizarre Australian accent known to humankind.
4) "These musical award shows are like college bowl games. There are just too many of them." - Troy Aikman (via BloggerJustinF) with your cultural commentary of the week.
5) "They should let Michael Vick take a shot at the end zone here." - Brian Billick from Broncos/Vikings (via sctvman)
6) "You can't have drives like that, they left 10 points on the board." - Dave Lapham (via BY318) on one Benglas drive that had a TD and FG called back.
7) "You see a lot of head coaches handle the playcalling but you don't see a lot of head coaches handle the playcalling" - Jim Mora (via ShutdownLine)
8) "Seattle might be the best 5-7 team in the National Football League." - Steve Mariucci (via markgoodman10) when at the time Seattle was the only 5-7 team in the league.
9) "if that was a pass down the field it would have been pass interference" - Phil Simms (via dmitsch15) describing a block on a punt return.
10) In summary, today Brian Billick has called Jared Allen "Gerald", Brian Dawkins "Darryl Dawkins", and Big Ben as "Roethlisbooger." Amazing. (via AA)
11) "This is an aroused Cardinals defense we are seeing here today." - Dick Stockton (via PTNetherton) Eww...
12) "Brandon 'Our Prices Are In' Saine" - Chris Berman (via CMehring) jumping the shark for 17 years running.
13) "Hand off to Wells! Kolb can't find any one. Incomplete." - Dick Stockton (via TheBrain2177)
14) "Watch how easily this guy pulls out" - Mike Mayock (via bjo109)
15) John Lynch: "Dez Bryant slipped there."
Dick Stockton: "Yeah, and so did Dez Bryant. You wonder if there's a problem." (via SportsByDallas)
Vote For Your Week 13 Dickies Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Wednesday so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full NFL Week 14 announcing sked later this week!