Dick Stockton takes another weekly crown this week, but I have a feeling he owes this week's award to his brethren at Fox - Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. If we've learned anything this year, complimenting other awful announcers during your telecast is sure to get you Pammies or Dickies points. The envelope, please...
10) "You know, coach Cowher he hands out compliments like manhole covers." - Phil Simms (via kylejgood)
9) "It's amazing how you figure those yardages out so fast John...I'm really...(awkward pause) amazed." - Dick Stockton (via abashuk)
8) "These Skittles, I gotta find out what's in these things." - Jon Gruden (via AA)
7) "Doug "Prematurely" Baldwin" - Chris Berman (via JagsFan93)
6) "You hate when your balls get tipped around" - Marcellus Wiley (via jbteller)
5) "Mike McCarthy...I said he's a genius. And you know why? Because he doesn't try to be a genius." - Phil Simms (via DevsFan30)
4) "This is a very important game." - Chris Berman. He was talking about the Jaguars-Buccaneers game. (via JoshuaBatelli)
3) "That's a tight hole and a big man right there" - Brian Billick (via jessegennigen/prwillard2)
2) "Tom is pretty good at challenges. He's lost his last six though" - Al Michaels (via ThreeRiversBlog)
1) "Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are the gold standard of baseball broadcasts." -Dick Stockton (via JoshButters)
Week 14 Top 5 -
1) Dick Stockton 87 pts
2) Brian Billick 55 pts
3) Phil Simms 53.5 pts
4) Jon Gruden 47 pts
5) Chris Berman 34 pts
Others receiving votes -Mike Tirico 28 pts, Dave Lapham 14 pts, Jim Mora 14 pts, Al Michaels 13.5, Dan Dierdorf 13 pts, Rich Gannon 12 pts, Joe Buck 11 pts, Cris Collinsworth 11 pts, Terry Bradshaw 10 pts, Scott Hanson 10 pts, Jim Nantz 10, Dan Fouts 8.5 pts, Bob Griese 8.5 pts, Troy Aikman 8 pts, Dan Patrick 7 pts, Mike Mayock 6 pts, Daryl Johnston 5 pts, Marcellus Wiley 5 pts, Tim Ryan 5 pts, Bob Costas 4 pts, Warren Moon 3 pts, Marv Albert 3 pts, Keyshawn Johnson 3 pts, Chad Pennington 2 pts, Thom Brennaman 2 pts, Tony Siragusa 1 pt, Ron Jaworski 1 pt.
You can check out the Week 15 NFL announcing schedule here.
"Trent Richardson in any other conference is running for 22 to 100 to 300 yards this year." -Craig James ... Sunday night is not too late for Pammies.
"So Stanford no longer has its winning streak or its big rating in the BCS but they've got one thing Herbie, the best women's soccer team in the country." - Brent Musburger, #sorandom but hilarious
"We'll even let the ladies be part of this even though it's Dr. Pepper Ten and it's not for women." - Brad Nessler discussing the SEC Standings presented by Dr. Pepper Ten....was this a joke I don't get or what? #confused
You hate to see a football game end on a controversial play, but that was not pass interference. - Shaun King, after watching a replay in which the defender held and
then tackled the wide receiver before the ball arrived.
"i'm not good at math but 6 out of 10 60% i'm pretty close." Even when he somehow got the Aflac question right, Craig James forgets there are 12 teams in the Big Ten not 10.
"it depends on what Georgia does the rest of the way here...I don't know if Oklahoma State's going to lose...They'd be mute.". -- Gary Danielson on whether an undefeated Boise State team would be picked over a one loss BCS team for the national championship game
"They're going to the empty back set, they'll have to go to [Denard] Robinson now" - Craig James, after Michigan audible'd Robinson into the shotgun and RB Fitzgerald Toussaint, standing to Robinson's left, still in the backfield.
Al Borges has been to a few dances. He knows if you see something good, you still with it. - Craig James
Depth is a problem on defense all over the Southeast Conference, especially on defense.- Gary Danielson
If the guy is tackled in bounds, they've got no chance (to attempt a field goal) - Mike Belotti, with 7 seconds left in the half. Uh Mike, Iowa had a timeout available.
He does a good job of reading, coming out of his zone and splitting the defenders on the screen. What I mean by defenders is the big offensive linemen. - Chris Spielman
@CK29 That's a takeoff on Dr Peppers new advertising campaign for their new beverage, Dr. Pepper 10
@TheBlightning Okay, I was thinking that. I like Nessler so didn't think he'd just say something out of the blue like that. Thanks!