This week's Straight Outta Stockton nominees present a deep field of screwups, misspeaks, bloopers, and headscratchers. In other words, there's plenty of our favorite announcers represented in this week's list!
For the Straight Outta Stockton vote, each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 10 nominees...
1) "A major, major mistake throwing an interception in the red zone when you already have points on the board" - Steve Beuerlein (via TheBlightning)
2) "Ken Whisenhunt and Andy Reid in a robbery that has been dead even down through the years." - Dick Stockton (via CK29) I'm not even going to try and guess what this was supposed to mean.
3) "That is how you drop a load on somebody." - Dan Dierdorf (via JoeCNC)
4) "The NFL will be able to operate a hedge fund after all the filed fines from this game." - Thom Brennaman (via DevsFan30)
5) "Both of Skelton's interceptions have been in the red zone.. of his own territory.." - Dick Stockton (via JoshuaBatelli)
6) "They're gonna call timeout here, which would be my guess, but they're not" - Troy Aikman (via bmitchelf)
7) "That was a very strange challenge...oh wait it wasn't a challenge!" - Brian Billick (via sjwest86)
8) "The Packers quarterbacks coach spends a lot of time teaching the quarterback position." - Jon Gruden (via CaptTouchback)
9) "Jason Snelling 'Salts'" - Chris Berman (via AA) grasping at nicknames.
10) "D'Brickashaw Ferguson is one of the best pass rushers in the game" - Cris Collinsworth (via Bflo360)
11) "The wheels are coming off their snowmobile." - Dan Dierdorf (via Dan_Ciarrocchi) on Buffalo's season.
12) "Great punt by Weatherford." - Joe Buck (via StPOConnor) during a 29 yard punt that reached midfield
13) "And this throw against Atlanta, I fell off my bed. I almost hit my head and died." - Jon Gruden (via GreatScottsman) to Aaron Rodgers
14) "Here comes the beef! The beef is coming in!" - Tony Siragusa (via cgmv123)
15) "Did he catch it? No. Oh he did but he is short of the goalline." - Dick Stockton (via bloggerjustinf)
16) "If you want to be a good point guard, you have to have some turnovers..." - Phil Simms (via MCamerlengo)
Vote For Your Week 10 Dickies Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Thursday morning so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full NFL Week 11 announcing sked later this week!