A few new faces make an appearance in this week's Straight Outta Stockton awards including some national college football announcers that ply their trade on local broadcasts. Living in Ohio, it's nice to see Bengals radio analyst Dave Lapham make an appearance. After watching much of GB/SD, Brian Billick could safely fill out this entire list, but nevertheless he leads this week's Dickies with three nominees.
For the Straight Outta Stockton vote, each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 9 nominees...
1) "Dan Fouts fumbled the game away for Chargers." - Bob Griese (via sa9273) just off by a few years.
2) "Ivory coming downhill, and goes back downhill." - John Lynch (via bmitchelf)
3) "If you are converting 3rd down at 53%, you have over a 50% chance of getting a 1st down." - Brian Billick (via TheLoadedOne)
4) "no challenge flag yet...." - Joe Buck (via the506) as Belichick throws the red flag out on screen.
5) "Ricky brought in to give Ray Rice a blow from time to time." - Al Michaels (via briguy17) Ricky Williams? Blow? Bwahaha.
6) "Get off is so important to a defensive lineman" - Jon Gruden (via JunderscoreCo)
7) "I know these Packers fans are from California because they have shirts on." - Brian Billick (via bjo109)
8) "Trent knows more about offense than I've forgotten" - Tom Jackson (via JordoMac1B2) mixing up his cliches
9) "Jacoby Ford is 5'9"... how is that for getting up?!" - Dan Dierdorf (via sharapovasthigh)
10) "Jerome Simpson drives you nuts. He can be the highest of high" - Dave Lapham (via CFPtherealOG) That's two marijuana related SOS quotes this week.
11) "He has unqualified faith in his quarterback." - Brian Billick (via X_Raycat57) #englishfail
13) "Picking up 1 yard... or 9 I should say!" - Dick Stockton (via AA)
14) "The Eagles with two touchdowns in less than a half minute, and we're all even at 10." - Mike Tirico (via everyone watching the game) Um, Mike? The Eagles only scored 10 points.
15) "It's hard to score from inside the one." - Phil Simms (via csolomon15)
16) "Another great defensive stand by the Browns." - Dan Fouts (via SchmanthonyP) as the Texans kick a field goal to make it 27-3 Houston
17) "Soon the Buccaneers are going to think about using their timeouts on defense." - Dick Stockton (via BloggerJustinF) after TB called TO
Vote For Your Week 9 Dickies Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Thursday morning so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full NFL Week 10 announcing sked later this week!