Happy Halloween! I'm wondering if Craig James and Pam Ward disguised themselves as good announcers because it was unusually quiet for them with this week's nominees as some new announcers come back into the Pammies picture. Gary Danielson and Matt Millen will look to catch up with Darth James and make this a race for the Pammies title as we move into November.
As a reminder as to how the Pammy vote works, each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 9 nominees...
1) "Spurrier used to say you can't spell UT without Citrus... wait." - Mark Jones (via CaptTouchback)
2) "He's a first time starter going thru everything for the first time." - Andre Ware (via sctvman)
3) "You're only effective when you're productive" - Chris Spielman (via RYbbc34)
4) "This is what you get when two hungry trains get on the same track and don't want to get off" - Gary Danielson (via DerekLynch64) Hungry... trains???
5) "That's a courage catch. Goin' into the BRIAR PATCH and absorbing the hit to catch the ball" - Charles Davis (via Chris Schenkel). There are some patches out there that take a lot of courage to go into...
6) "You come in and bite, I'm pullin' that sucker out" - Matt Millen (via Chris Schenkel)
7) "Well, sometimes you're not always the popular guy." - Dan Hawkins (via sctvman) Touche.
8) "Steve Spurrier is the best duct-tape engineer in college football." - Ed Cunningham (via sctvman)
9) "If Matt Millen's watching, he's saying 'that's football, that's football'" - Kirk Herbstreit (via CK29) recognizing how intricate Matt Millen's analyisis gets.
10) "This year's game of the century." - Verne Lundquist (via sctvman)
11) "We're gonna put a saddle on him and ride him all game." - Brock Huard (via bielick_tim) on Illinois' Nathan Scheelhaase
12) "Can't quite tell you the number, but I can tell you it is an offensive lineman" - Ray Bentley (via AlexfromBuffalo) Uh, Ray, WVU is on defense.
13) "Consistent consistency" - Matt Millen (via ThaNardDawg)
14) "...and Woods has got it at the...incomplete." - Brent Musberger (via mattyzucks)
15) "We all love Mark May!" - Lou Holtz (via glokkenspx) umm... no.
16) "Come on guys, it's football, get tough" - Craig James (via dmcalpi). Umm Craig why you talk about that with your son first...
17) "Nothing doing as Tech stiffens against Jeff Woody." - Bill Land (via Matt Kennedy)
Vote For Your Week 9 Pammy Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Wednesday morning so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full Week 9 announcing sked later this week!