This week launched Straight Outta Stockton, our NFL version of the revered Pammies here at AA. For the final 12 weeks of the NFL regular season (and possibly the postseason), we'll gather every week to count down the top 10 Straight Outta Stockton quotes as voted by you. When the points are tallied up at the end of the season, we'll crown our Dickies champ! Dick himself gathered 7th place on the totem pole while an underdog claimed top spot in the first week of competition. NFL announcers are competing for this, right? Anyways, the envelope please...
10) "Endonken Sue." -Tony Siragusa (via SFOrangeMan)
9) "When you're the Dolphins, and you're winless, you need to win bad" - Jon Gruden (via kenosando)
8) "I'm just gonna guess it's a run, you know why? I'm watching the left tackle... Oh I was wrong" - Phil Simms (via TheLoadedOne)
7) "There he is, lined up in the slot. Wait, no he's not." - Dick Stockton (via bjo109)
6) "Alex Smith steps up in the pocket and completely exposes himself" - Moose Johnston (via djstevem)
5) "There it is! Knee's down! Wait, I don't know." - Phil Simms (via bjo109)
4) "Jay's gonna unleash this one, trying to squeeze into that tight, little hole" - Cris Collinsworth (via gooner_)
3) "Lets Snooki our way back to the Jersey Shore" - Chris Berman (via JKoenAU)
2) "You've got a lot of beef up in there" - Brian Billick (via MatttheKuhn)
1) "The Lions undefeated season is over... for now" - Scott Hanson (via Real_DWM) uhh.. Scott, it's over period.
Week 6 Top 5 -
1) Scott Hanson 10 pts
T2) Brian Billick 9 pts
T2) Phil Simms 9 pts
4) Chris Berman 8 pts
5) Cris Collinsworth 7 pts
Others receiving votes - Daryl Johnston 5 pts, Dick Stockton 4 pts, Jon Gruden 2 pts, Tony Siragusa 1 pt.
The Full Week 7 NFL Announcing Schedule will be coming soon, where you can find the dates and times of games and all the announcing pairings as well. Then, make sure you check back every Sunday when the fun begins for another week Straight Outta Stockton!
its not about HD for me, its about availabilty of games, and there are cheaper ways now to get the games. ESPNU carries games that sometimes may have been carried on GamePlan.
plus most of the time at 330, I watch the SEC game, since I am in whats considered a big ten market, and dont want to put up with 3 hours of Herbstreit propping an undeserving team from his alma matter.
What airs on ESPNEWS is not the same as Goal Line, even though it does the same damn thing. I know, it's confusing.
I still have it, but it was better back in the day, it's more made for Conference play, and like somebody put, it was made for ABC when they had about 3:30 4 games at once, I'm in Big 10 land, so you could see 3 main games from the other conferences. Now they just do 2, so 1 on ABC and the other on ESPN 2.
This is my first year without GamePlan. The selling point was being able to get Alabama games that were broadcast in that state as PPV. The video quality looked like something from the early 70's. Last season, I believe only 1 of their games fell into this category.
I am able to receive the ESPN3 games, so this year I decided to finally pull the plug on this.
This is first time in about 5 years I didnt buy GamePlan. One of the reasons is that the regional games at 3:30 on ABC one is available on ESPN or ESPN2 if not on ABC affiliate. One thing it did allow in past years was to watch teams like Boise State without having to put with the pro Notre Dame / Big Ten bias on ESPN. But now Boise State
gets much more national attention.
One thing I liked about the regional Raycom (and may be in the minority on this) ACC / SEC broadcasts was the focus on the game, not using it as infomercial for other programming. No "SportsCenter Now" taking up three quarters of screen during live game action. Isnt up to the minute sports news what ESPNNEWS should be for ?
Plus once ESPN took over Raycom ACC broadcasts, no Doc Walker on games. He alone was good for about 20 Pammy quotes a week.