Thanks to everyone who took part in the kickoff for Year 5 of the Pammies! The Pam Ward Chronicles were in midseason form thanks to your submissions through the open thread and your tweets to AA. But our work together is only beginning. We've brought the best quotes from Week 1 together for you to vote on the Pammy winners for Week 1 on our road to crowning our 2011 Pammy champion! Each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. You can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your nominees...
1) "Wow, if they'd have caught him right there, they would have caught him behind the yardage line." - Beth Mowins (via SaxxSkwerl)
2) "You want to talk about boning up a defender..." - Randy Cross (via therealnarton)
3) "Should take a knee here" - Joe Tiller with losing team nearing field goal range with under 30 seconds left (via Bloguin)
4) "Smith has a team high 6 catches on the season. Or on the season or in the game because its 1st game of season" - Pam Ward (via kevin7673)
5) "The goal of the defense is to keep the offense from scoring." - Artrell Hawkins with brilliant analysis (via steve5643)
6) "The real season starts next week in Athens for Georgia." - Todd Blackledge (via sctvman)
7) "You've got to play football for sixty minutes every snap." - Andre Ware (via sctvman)
8) "I like to see a running back who has eyeballs in his shoes." - Craig James (via Brady Green)
9) "You have so many things going on in your mind, the last thing you're worried about is the play cock, the play clock..." - Danny Kanell (via bfinleyui)
10) "What's that saying you got about LSU" - Lee Corso
"Laissez les bon tomps roulez?" - Chris Fowler
"Lessait bot ton bray lay lay! Geaux Tigers" - Lee Corso, failing French 101 (via myoder84)
11) "He beat off a guard." - David Archer (via Darkopolo)
12) "And Northwestern without Dan Persa on the road at Boston College on ESPNU. Pam?" - Wendi Nix
Beth Mowins: "Beth Mowins and Mike Bellotti here at Jordan-Hare Stadium..." (via jdwvu)
13) "You can't teach experience, you got to will it on them." - Joe Tiller (via sctvman)
14) "Let's send it to the studio...Big John Saunders and Smooth Jessie Palmer." - Brent Musburger (via Connor Kiesel)
15) "You can hear the smoke..." - Chris Rix (via Jeff Matthews)
16) "Two ex-presidents represented there on the sideline." - Beth Mowins after camera shot of Auburn sideline using pics of Obama and Bush to signal plays.
17) "Ace takes off! 40, 45, 50, 55, 40, 35, 30, get a block, 25, 20, Ace Sanders, 15, 10, cuts back at the 5, touchdown! Ace Sanders lights it up in Charlotte!" - Todd Ellis (VIDEO/AUDIO via sctvman)
18) "Here is where i think he makes a mistake. He zeroed in and threw a strike." - Matt Millen (via bjo109)
Vote For Your Week 1 Pammy Winners (vote for up to 5)
The winners will come soon so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full Week 2 announcing later this week!