NBC puts out a daily press release noting the highlights of their television coverage for the next day. Given the difficulty sometimes in knowing what event is being televised when and where, we'll share that schedule from NBC with you the previous night so you can set your DVRs and plan accordingly. The schedule is sorted by network. Below NBC's press release we'll add the live times at the bottom for gold medal events you can catch online as well. All times are eastern.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10 (Day 14)
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (9 a.m. CT/PT)
Gymnastics – Rhythmic Qualifying
Synchronized Swimming – Team Gold Medal Final (LIVE)
Wrestling – Freestyle Qualifying
Men’s Swimming – Marathon
Canoeing – Sprint Qualifying Heats
Track and Field – Women’s 5000 Gold Medal Final (LIVE)
· LIVE coverage of the synchronized swimming team gold medal final and the women’s 5000m gold medal final on the track.
· Plus, gold medal finals in open water swimming and freestyle wrestling. Also key qualifying rounds in canoeing.
8 p.m. – Midnight (ET/PT)
Track and Field – Gold Medal Finals
Men’s 4 x 400M Relay
Men’s Pole Vault
Women’s 4 x 100M Relay
Men’s Diving – Platform Qualifying Round
Cycling – BMX Gold Medal Finals
· Track and field’s relays kick off with the men’s 4x400m race and the women’s 4x100m. Team USA has won nearly every 4x400m competition since the event was added to the Olympic program in 1908, and is favored again. Meanwhile, South Africa, with double-amputee Oscar Pistorius, who is known as the “Blade Runner” for the carbon-fiber prostheses he wears, should also contend for a medal. In the women’s 4x100m, Team USA, led by Carmelita Jeter and Allyson Felix, is expected to face a fierce challenge from Jamaica. And a duo of milers, champion Morgan Uceny and Shannon Rowbury, look for the first ever American medal in the women’s 1500m.
· The men’s platform contest is sure to be one of the most anticipated events of the Games, as 2009 world champion Tom Daley, a teen idol in Great Britain, takes the stage in his signature event – which was the only diving event China failed to win in Beijing. China’s Qiu Bo, the reigning world champion, is out to change that, while Daley, top American David Boudia of Indiana and Australia’s reigning Olympic champion Matthew Mitcham are among the deep field of contenders in this event.
· In the men’s and women’s finals of BMX, the top riders will decide their Olympic fates in a 40-second scramble to the finish. In the women’s race, Great Britain’s triple world champion Shanaze Reade could be one of the Games’ biggest redemption stories after crashing out of the medals in Beijing in an aggressive push to go from second to first on the final turn. American Alise Post, a former gymnast from St. Cloud Minnesota is among the women trying to thwart Reade. In the men’s race, the top American is 19-year-old Las Vegas native Connor Fields, who will try to hold off a cadre of Southern California-based international stars.
12:35 a.m. – 1:35 a.m. (ET/PT)
Track and Field – Gold Medal Finals
Men’s Water Polo Semifinal – Italy vs. Serbia
· Gold medals are up for grabs on both the track and the field, with the women’s hammer throw.
NBC SPORTS NETWORK
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Men’s Basketball – Semifinals
Spain vs. Russia (LIVE)
U.S. vs. Argentina (LIVE)
Wrestling – Freestyle Qualifying Round
Women’s Field Hockey –
U.S. vs. Belarus
Bronze Medal Game: New Zealand vs. Great Britain (LIVE)
Taekwondo – Qualifying
Men’s Volleyball Semifinal – Brazil vs. Italy
NBC SPORTS NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS
· LIVE coverage of the U.S. men’s basketball semifinal. Twenty years after the original Dream Team, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and company continue their run at London gold in the semifinal, exclusively on NBC Sports Network. Plus, LIVE coverage of women’s field hockey.
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Men’s Soccer – Bronze Medal: Korea vs. Japan (LIVE)
Men’s Volleyball – Semifinal: Bulgaria vs. Russia (LIVE)
Men’s Water Polo – Semifinal: Croatia vs. Montenegro
Men’s Handball – Semifinals
Hungary vs. Sweden (LIVE)
France vs. Croatia
· LIVE coverage of the bronze medal game in men’s soccer, men’s volleyball semifinal round and men’s handball semifinals highlight a big day of team sports action on MSNBC.
5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Men’s Boxing – Semifinals
Women’s Field Hockey – Netherlands vs. Argentina
Taekwondo – Gold Medal Finals
· A thrilling night of boxing features semifinal bouts, women’s field hockey and taekwondo gold medal finals.
7:00 AM - Sailing: Men's + Women's 470
7:00 AM - Swimming: Men's 10k open water swim
10:00 AM - Synchronized Swimming: Team Free Routine
12:45 PM - Wrestling: Men's 55kg & 74kg Freestyle
2:00 PM - Track & Field: Women's 1500, 5000, 4x100, Hammer Throw, Men's Pole Vault, 4x400
3:00 PM - Taekwondo: Women's 67kg, Men's 80kg
3:00 PM - Field Hockey: Women's Final