With the second weekend of the tournament featuring both the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, we've brought both polls into one place for your voting pleasure! Clark Kellogg holds the lead after the first weekend over Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller and Bill Raftery. Miller and Raftery are departing the television broadcasts (Raft will still be working radio though), so they'll need as many points as they can get from these two votes. Remember, these are two separate votes, so there are plenty of BP points up for grabs. This week, with the number of nominees limited, you can vote for up to three quotes in each poll. For both the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, we'll still award the Top 10 quotes from each round. Whose going to lead going to New Orleans? That's for you to decide!
Sweet 16 Nominees (vote for up to three)
1) "People say he can run and jump. So can a deer. And you wouldn't put a deer in the game." - Charles Barkley (via AA)
2) "You're hot." - Lesley Visser (via AA)
3) "Nail. In. The. Coffin." - Reggie Miller as Louisville goes up by FIFTEEN with 58 sec. left (via SeahawkSanders)
4) "The teacher vs. the mentor" - Len Elmore (via swampdavid1)
5) "Big time Snatch!" - Bill Raftery (via JasonShubnell)
6) "Good call there by Ted Valentine" - Reggie Miller (via RYbbc34)
7) "if you look at the score you will know who is winning the game" - Charles Barkley (via tec6062)
8) "Thomas I think got the slap from the rear." - Bill Raftery (via AA)
9) "Terrence jones showing you his full package" - Clark Kellogg (via zacdefran)
10) "You just got Dieng'ad" - Reggie Miller (via Josh_Batelli)
11) "Indiana leavin a little cheese at the free throw line." - Clark Kellogg (via AA)
12) "It shouldnt matter if the elbow was inadvertent or advertent" - Len Elmore (via xavmcd)
Elite 8 Nominees (vote for up to three)
1) "Florida is gonna focus on 2 big areas. Long rebounds, 50/50 balls, and no turnovers." - Reggie Miller (via socialmiscondct)
2) "Beal for the lead... Boynton for the lead..." - Kevin Harlan (via everyone)
3) "Winner advances to the Elite 8 in New Orleans." - Marv Albert (via revafriedel). The Final Four is in New Orleans, but we kinda knew what Marv meant.
4) "If they would have thrown a funnel cake in there it would have been heavenly." - Clark Kellogg (via AA)
5) "Still got a little gitch in his hiddy-up" - Clark Kellogg (via ClintHedges)
6) "Get the towel out, cause that baby was wet when it came down" - Bill Raftery (via jtylercampbell)
7) "I'm an analyzer." - Kenny Smith (via ACJoeyJones)
8) "They let them bang, then on the third blow called a foul" - Dave Sims (via mmenniger)
9) "Every rule ain't a rule" - Charles Barkley (via Jthethird)
10) "Dribble trenepation" - Charles Barkley (via jtylercampbell)
11) "You used to get it up prematurely" - Bill Raftery (via Anthony_Broome)
Steve Tasker was the sideline reporter for CBS's AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Broncos at Patriots tonight too!
I think that tonight was the 1st time since 2004 that CBS has used a sideline reporter for 1 of it's 2 AFC Divisional Playoff games too!
@awfulannouncing would you do a screen grab snafu on your own page with that titans/texans boo-boo?
@awfulannouncing FYI... It's Lucas Oil Stadium not Field :)
@mjbeckman1 haha, touche