The votes have been tabulated for our first ever NCAA Tournament quote contest and it's actually one of Turner's transplanted NBA personalities that has taken the early lead. CBS's lead college analyst Clark Kellogg is the only announcer to make multiple appearances in our first countdown from whatever it is you want to call the First Round of the tournament and the First Four. We'll be back this afternoon with a new poll from the weekend, but for now, enjoy these amusing quotes from the earliest stages of the big dance. The envelope please...
10) "Norfolk-sanity has started." ~ Kenny Smith (via crippenstation)
9) "The game is a lot easier when the ball goes in the basket." - Dan Bonner (via sctvman)
8) "He'll be Dairy Queen'd, DQ'd." - Clark Kellogg (via AA)
7) "And Bak Bak with the miss miss!" - Ian Eagle (via AA)
6) "And the Hilltoppers just keep... hill topping." - Clark Kellogg (via ktquick)
5) "His mother is a nurse in the state of Minneapolis." -- Bob Wenzel (via MCPitlik)
4) "They are confident strokers." - Bill Raftery (via KSJ49)
3) "What a dodge to bullet." - Reggie Miller (via sudikoff)
2) Seth Davis: "Can I ask you a question? Do you know what network we're on?"
Matt Winer: "I have no idea."
Davis: "Do you really not know?"
Winer: "I'm really not sure." (via tomatPSU)
1) Charles Barkley: "I was 10-2 yesterday... 10-3 I think."
Ernie Johnson: "There were 16 games yesterday." (via AA)
Round of 64 Top 5
1) Charles Barkley 10 pts
2) Matt Winer 9 pts
T3) Reggie Miller 8 pts
T3) Clark Kellogg 8 pts
5) Bill Raftery 7 pts
Others receiving votes - Bob Wenzel 6 pts, Ian Eagle 4 pts, Dan Bonner 2 pts, Kenny Smith 1 pt.