Another strong week of Pammy nominees with Lou Holtz, Brent Musburger, Gary Danielson, and Verne Lundquist all at the top of their games. Who can take down this week's crown and inch ever closer to Matt Millen at the top of our standings? Check the nominees and vote after the jump...
1) "You know why he's in here? This Is why he's in here" - Kirk Herbstreit forgetting to explain why Everet Golston is in there. (via JesseDeadWoodHarwood)
2) "That's my alma mater — the Golden Fishes!" - Lou Holtz (via shaner)
3) "He's not the only one from Michigan having a tough time fielding balls. Different sport, of course." ~ Brock Huard (via crippenstation)
4) "The J.P. (in J.P. Smith) must stand for Just Please!" - Mark Jones talking about Nebraska's P.J. Smith. (via coachwingenbach)
5) "It's good! No." - Clay Matvick (via jrlind)
6) "This is a patriotic game. Lots of flags" -Verne Lundquist (via LeahGoldman91)
7) "Both Lee and Woods are football players." - Matt Millen. Thanks Matt. (via Jonathan_Biles)
8) ""There were 13 people fooled on that play. The 11 Dartmouth defenders, and the 2 of us in the booth." -Steve DeOssie (via bkroche)
9) "Driskel must have a light touch." - Gary Danielson (via joshparcell)
10) "And Pederson goes un-molested into the endzone" - Mike Patrick (via HowieV100_7)
11) "Ohio State is going to have to score to win this game" - Kirk Herbstreit (via BY318)
12) "How about Landry Jones, is he going to cross that bridge or fade away tonight?" - Brent Musburger quoting Elton John for the 2nd time (via GwynneWatkins)
13) "Northwestern working the play cock." - Beth Mowins (via yatchawk)
14) "He's a tough runner, and he's really tough." - Lee Corso on Theo Riddick (via cravinchristian)
15) "He was ralphing pretty strong." --Matt Millen on Arizona's QB throwing up. (via WelikeSportzTx)
Vote for your Week 9 Pammy Nominees! (Vote for up to 5!)
This group of 15 should have been whittled down to about 9. I only found four worth voting for this week: 4, 7, 11 and 13.
Some of these are grossly out of context, like 9 and 10. Others simply aren't worth the time. I assume there are plenty of comments sent in but it might be better to narrow the field to a high quality 10 rather than a bloated 15.
If I had seen the first half of the BYU at Georgia Tech game before tonight's BYUtv Replay, I would have probably submitted this candidate, a quote I think would have had a good chance to go a long way.
Keith Jones (after the BYU mascot catches an incomplete out-of-bounds pass from Riley Nelson)- "Way to go Cotco. Is it Costco or Cosmo?"
This was followed up by Rich Waltz- "I would go with Cosmo, though I'm sure there's a Costco within driving range of BYU."