Can Matt Millen keep his lead against a hard charging cavalcade of fellow Bristolites? Mark May, Lee Corso, and Lou Holtz are all in the running for this year's Pammies crown. Here now your Pammy nominees for Week 5 after the jump...
1) "Smart players make smart decisions. Not smart players make not so smart decisions." - Matt Millen (via FauxJustinHunter)
2) "There's really not another Mike Evans on this roster." - Brock Huard (via themarkup)
3) "Rees throws, intercepted! No, it's dropped! No, it's gonna be run back. 14-0 Sooners. Wait, he's ruled down." - Don Criqui on Notre Dame radio. (via pearsonjeff)
4) "Former Illini Mike Hopkins will be on the international space station until March 2004." - Eric Collins (via cbusch209)
5) "Wilds left the field with his arm on a stretcher." - Dave Pasch (via mark12812)
6) "When you're getting out-physicaled by the defense..." - Brian Griese (via brobeans3)
7) "He's got a rope... and he can smoke it." - Beth Mowins mixing metaphors. (via blythedustin)
8) "I hate to do this, but I am going against Jesus." - Lee Corso picking OU over ND (via rokcesnovar)
9) "Watching Tommie Rees is like watching Peyton Manning." - Dan Hicks (via capttouchback)
10) "They're going to have to outscore the Tigers to win this game." - Lee Corso (via acjoeyjones)
11) Jesse Palmer: Logan Thomas can reach the endzone here on 2 knees.
Rece Davis: But if he does that he'll be down. (via scotty_row)
12) "He's got go-kart type quickness." - Chris Spielman (via sctvman)
13) "This is the quintessential Rick Leach offense." - Matt Millen on Mike Leach (via cmmenta)
14) "The Big Ten has got a great reputation when you look at what they've done with the SEC in bowl games." - Lou Holtz (via AA)
15) "If I was throwing the podium, I would probably win." - Mark May (via AA)
Vote for your Week 5 Pammy Nominees! (Vote for up to 5)
Voted for Matt got to give the Irish announcers a break Pat Haden had more better things to do like firing his PATHETIC football coach !!!!!!
Rece Davis' response to that Jesse Palmer line was going to be my favorite broadcasting moment of the past week, at least until Collinsworth went for broke w/ an absolute gem of willful ignorance.