Unfortunately, no bonus Pammies points are on the way for Lane Kiffin after his appearance on College GameDay Saturday. However, there is one GameDay quote that makes the list thanks to the ridiculous, overly dramatized "controversy" surrounding JaDeveon Clowney, broken down here by SI's Richard Deitsch. Why one of ESPN's best shows (GameDay) needed to resort to forwarding false stories (Clowney missing the team bus) at the expense of the almighty narrative and debate about him being a "team player" and/or "gritty" was puzzling. Hopefully it was an honest mistake and not indicative of ESPN's obsession with debate and narrative infiltrating their best products. Chris Fowler's apology, featuring one of the best quotes to mkae ESPN airwaves (below) is a good sign it was just a blip for an otherwise excellent show.
Here now all of your Pammy nominees for Week 7 after the jump...
1) "We made something out of nothing." - Chris Fowler on GameDay apologizing for misreporting the BusGate saga. If only First Take producers were listening. (via AA)
2) "There's only one football on the field at a time." - Petros Papadakis (via zonazoologist)
3) "Washington is going to score points, no doubt about it." - David Pollack (via sctvman)
4) "The equator and below, the SEC has a clear advantage." - Kirk Herbstreit (via sctvman)
5) "That's on Colt McCoy." - Todd Blackledge traveling back in time (via DoctorD_89)
6) "The runnign game against Florida will be the story. Along with the passing game of course." - Gary Danielson (via tvtime44)
7) "The big fella with the soft hands." - Gus Johnson (via bryannolentjrg)
8) "Remember Les Miles is 20-1 after a loss since 2008, so let's see what they do here today." - Gary Danielson. LSU won last week. (via rebeleconprof)
9) "Ride that baby until you have to pull it!" - Joe Tessitore (via AA)
10) "And it certainly, possibly could have been a touchdown." - Mark Jones (via sctvman)
11) "If you're a great player, you make the great play." - Matt Millen (via friedrich_mike)
12) "If you have a heart or a pulse stay here folks." - Joe Tessitore (via fauxjustinhunter)
13) "And that is exactly what it looked like to me with Stanford. I don’t know that for a fact, but that looked like a football team that was in midterms.” - Lou Holtz explaining Stanford's loss to Utah, excpet Stanford wasn't in midterms. Utah was. (via Larry Brown Sports)