Week 6's Top 10 and updated standings are after the jump. Once again Matt Millen and his overalls are a runaway freight train in this year's Pammies, but who would have thought it would take till Week 6 for Gary Danielson's first appearance on the scoreboard?!?
10) "It has to be inconclusive video evidence." - Tim Couch (via sctvman)
9) "That's why Notre Dame paid him $18 million to go away." - Lou Holtz on Charlie Weis (via simandel)
8) "Dyersville, Ohio. It's the Field of Dreams!" - Beth Mowins. It's not heaven, it's not even Iowa. (via redveale)
7) "I love the big fatties running with the ball!" - Mike Mayock (via PTNetherton)
6) "If you're calling plays for Tennessee, you figure 'We gotta score'" - Gary Danielson, about a game in overtime. (via justfactsmaam)
5) "And you know what, there are some folks who are celebrating and others who are saying you've gotta be kidding me." - Brent Musburger with the not-so-veiled gambling reference.
4) "He may have pulled out a little bit early." - Kirk Herbstreit (via shamp1234)
3) "After the extra point, the Irish lead 6-6." - Tom Hammond (via PR_Crowley)
2) Chris Folwer: "So no woman belongs on the committee?"
David Pollack: "I'll say it, yea. Yea!" (via AA)
1) "I saw him from the waist down, and he's pretty thick." - Matt Millen (via Afaucheux)
Week 6 Standings
1) Matt Millen 48 pts
T2) Mark May 27 pts, Lee Corso 27 pts, Lou Holtz 27 pts
5) Brent Musburger 17 pts
T6) Jesse Palmer 15 pts, Dan Hicks 15 pts
Others receiving votes: Glen Mason 13 pts, Don Criqui 10 pts, Rece Davis 9 pts, David Pollack 9 pts, Pete Najarian 9 pts, Chris Spielman 9 pts, Tom Hammond 8 pts, Brad Nessler 8 pts, Kirk Herbstreit 7 pts, Beth Mowins 7 pts, Eric Collins 7 pts, Spencer Tillman 7 pts, Brian Jones 6 pts, Ovie Mughelli 6 pts, Gary Danielson 5 pts, Joey Harrington 5 pts, Danny Kanell 5 pts, Joey Galloway 4 pts, Ray Bentley 4 pts, Mike Mayock 4 pts, Chuck Long 3 pts, Justin Kutcher 2 pts, Sean McDonough 2 pts, Aaron Taylor 1 pt, Brian Griese 1 pt, Verne Lundquist 1 pt, Dave Pasch 1 pt, Tim Couch 1 pt.
Once again, the whole concept of the Pammies is flawed. You are mixing stupid things people say with clever things. Holtz (who often contributes both) should be praised not lumped in with Matt Millen ... The Weis jibe was right on target. As was Musberger's gambling aside. Make separate lists.
...Just realized that was Patrick Netherton from the Tim Brando Show (SiriusXM, CBSSN) that submitted Mike Maylock's quote. Hasn't Paul Pabst from the Dan Patrick Show (FOX Sports Radio, Mad Dog Radio, DIRECTV, NBCSN) submitted some in the past as well?
By the way, to the two of you, keep up the great work. Both of you have great shows.