It's that time again! Here now your Pammy nominees for Week 4...
1) "They say he was bitching about the fact... he was complaining... he was bitching... " - Lee Corso (via AA)
2) "These are unstoppable plays because the defense has no chance of stopping them." - Mark May (via David Purdum)
3) "Kansas won a big game today." - Brent Musburger on a 13-10 victory over Louisiana Tech. (via sctvman)
4) "That ball is loose, it's out there and just dangling." - Chris Spielman (via realtoddbruns)
5) "That Gilmore's a good lookin rascal." - Matt Millen (via sommeliermark)
6) "He's so dynamic, but he's one dimensional." - Chris Spielman on Devin Gardner. (via TNS_Red)
7) "When he makes a mistake he has the make-up speed to make up speed when he makes a mistake." - Pete Najarian (via adamchappelle)
8) "The first half of this one would crack mirrors." - Verne Lundquist (via CaptTouchback)
9) "The field goal is wide left and incomplete." - Dan Hicks (via jvapxp)
10) "It should've been intercepted once, it was intercepted twice." - Gary Danielson (via grayson_moore)
11) "They call him the paperboy because he always delivers." - John Congemi (via adamchappelle)
12) "They didn't just come to play, they came to win." - Andre Ware (via sctvman)
13) "A lot of people are too old to remember Fran Tarkenton." - Ray Bentley (via nauticalnatty)
14) "One of my favorite sayings: some guys make plays, some guys don't." - Glen Mason (via joelwtscherne)
15) "A great initial penetration by Fresno State, initially." - Danny Kanell (via joshnagel1)
Vote for your Week 4 Pammy Nominees! (Vote for up to 5)
Or just get rid of them altogether. The whole "Pammies" idea--which is a stupid name anyways because the broadcaster it's named after isn't even doing football anymore--is completely played out. You're reaching every week for your top 15. Seriously...these people are talking non-stop for hours on end. You try doing that and see how good you sound. Also, you want to point fingers and make fun of people? How about this...Awful Announcing has jumped the shark, and continues to go downhill. Used to come here all the time, but now? Rarely. Too many pop up ads, and the information is regurgitated days after other sites put up the same stuff.
I'm happy to see voters not responding to the Matt Millen comment, which is not Pammy worthy. It appears the owners of the web site have an ear out for anything slightly odd from Millen so they can slap it on the site. Also, Uncle Verne's remark was brilliant, so the 22 votes for his remark are puzzling. Bentley's right, not every football fan remembers Tarkenton, since Fran played in the 60's and 70's. We need to clean up the Pammies!