Be thankful this week for the neverending supply of hilarious quotes that are provided week after week by the nation's football announcers. Can Dick Stockton rise to the top of the Straight Outta Stockton leaderboard, or will Phil Simms and Brian Billick enter the holiday season atop the standings?
For the Straight Outta Stockton vote, each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 11 nominees...
1) "That's Tony Scheffler's 5th touchdown of the game, 2nd only to Calvin Johnson...." - Dick Stockton (via Packey)
2) "Interesting receiving corps they have here in Dallas" - Phil Simms (via SpringRubber). Phil was in Chicago to announce Chargers-Bears. Yipes.
3) "The defense is having a hard time getting the defense in." - Tony Siragusa (via JoshuaBatelli)
4) "And if you're a Bronco fan... you gotta do something to turn the field position" - Mike Mayock (via WAFriNightLight) Uh, how does a fan do that?
5) "The ball hits the leg in the Chief" - Mike Tirico (via JMPTrillOG)
6) "I have a man crush on Frank Gore." - Brian Billick (via JTscherne)
7) "It's so tough to score down inside the one." - Phil Simms right AFTER the #Bears score from the 1 (via BKibbs). I swear he's said this on multiple occasions this year.
8) "It's a mute point"- Daryl Johnston (via smyoung17)
9) "DeAngelo Stewart looks like he was shot out of a cannon." - John Lynch (via ShutdownLine) on the Carolina running backs evidently fusing into one person.
10) 'TOUCHDOWN BUFFALO! I MEAN TO SAY MIAMI!' - Marv Albert (via AlexFromBuffalo)
11) "We got a football game here in Detroit." - John Lynch. Well that's what my channel guide says, so that's refreshing to hear. (via sharapovasthigh)
12) "Now he'll just have to take the loss. A gain of 1 yard there." - Dick Stockton (via Dascenzo)
13) "The Lions beat the stuffing out of the Packers..." - Bob Costas (via thesportsgeeks) wins bad Thanksgiving pun of the week.
14) "Call me crazy, but I'm excited to see Tyler Palko tonight." - Ron Jaworski (via glokkenspx)
15) "You can't NBCee it any clearer than that." - Cris Collinsworth (via ConnorKeisel)
16) "There has never been a pass caught in the history of the NFL caught out of bounds." - Brian Billick (via AlexFromBuffalo) He also called 49ers K David Akers, "Fred."
17) "Rod Smart remember him? He Hate Me! That's what it said on the back of his jersey. Well not in the NFL." - Dick Stockton (via matthoeppner)
Vote For Your Week 11 Dickies Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Wednesday so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full NFL Week 12 announcing sked later this week!