For the first time all season, Craig James didn't gain a spot in our weekly countdown of the 10 best Pammies quotes. I'm just as shocked as you are. Oh well, at least there wasn't a huge Fire Craig James banner spotted on College Gameday that made up for it or anything...
(Thanks to reader Seth Roberts for e-mailing this pic from Tuscaloosa.)
This week, it's last season's Pammies winner Chris Spielman that takes top spot this week with Brent Musburger and his drinking jokes coming in at second place. Cowboy James still holds top spot, but Matt Millen continues to close the gap. The envelope please...
10) "Redshirt freshman Ronald McCombs well over 100 yards on that last drive." -Pam Ward (via sctvman)
9) "Intercepted! Wait... no... caught by LSU!" - Verne Lundquist (via GB330033) saying LSU intercepted their own pass.
8) "You can throw or run here, those are your options" - Gary Danielson (via sctvman)
7) "Wonder where the beef is, here it comes." - Matt Millen (via TheSportsHernia)
6) "Jimbo Fisher knows how to get QBs ready for the NFL; when he was at LSU, he had JaMarcus Russell 1st Overall" - Jesse Palmer (via AlexFromBuffalo) Yup, that's a positive reference about JaMarcus Russell's NFL career.
5) "You live your life like a field goal into the wind." - Matt Millen (via cptmintz)
4) "Floyd getting the last word... for now." - Mark Jones (via Dascenzo)
3) "This is probably exactly what the Wisconsin coaching staff wanted to see today. After those two heartbreaking defeats, you come back and you just explode all over somebody." - Mike Patrick (via DevsFan30)
2) Regarding the earthquake that took place in Oklahoma at 2:12 AM...
Kirk Herbsteit: "Did you feel anything?"
Brent Musburger: "It might have been last call" (via Chris Schenkel)
1) "Stick it up in there hard and with power!" - Chris Spielman (via DomoBENesis)
Week 10 Top 5 -
1) Craig James 95 pts
2) Matt Millen 70 pts
3) Pam Ward 46 pts
4) Gary Danielson 44 pts
5) Chris Spielman 32 pts
Others receiving votes - Brent Musburger 28 pts, Lou Holtz 21 pts, Mike Patrick 17 pts, Mark Jones 16 pts, Beth Mowins 13 pts, Brett Favre 13 pts, Sean McDonough 13 pts, Jesse Palmer 12 pts, Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, Warrick Dunn 9 pts, Dan Hawkins 9 pts, Jenn Brown 9 pts, Andre Ware 8 pts, Gus Johnson 7 pts, Lee Corso 7 pts, Wendi Nix 7 pts, Steve Martin 7 pts, Tom Cole 7 pts, Rod Gilmore 6 pts, Dave Pasch 5 pts, Bill Land 5 pts, Alex Flanagan 4 pts, Mike Morgan 4 pts, Joe Tiller 3 pts, Keith Jones 3 pts, Desmond Howard 3 pts, Shaun King 3 pts, Charles Davis 3 pts, Verne Lundquist 3 pts, Danny Kanell 2 pts, Steve Beuerlein 2 pts, Scott Van Pelt 2 pts, Kevin Kugler 1 pt, Eric Collins 1 pt, Todd McShay 1 pt, Ray Bentley 1 pt.
The Full Week 11 Announcing Schedule will be coming soon, where you can find the dates and times of games and all the announcing pairings as well. Then, make sure you check back every Saturday for the Pam Ward Chronicles and another week of the Pammies!