With the books closed on the 2011 NFL regular season, we can also close the books on the first ever edition of the Dickies. Thanks to all our readers in helping with the launch of this initiative to give us a Sunday counterpart to the AA staple of the Pammies. I think we'll all be satisfied with who takes home the first ever Straight Outta Stockton title. But first, here are the winning quotes from Week 17. The envelope, please...
T9) "Eric Decker is the best." - Phil Simms (via bjo109). Umm... ok?
T9) "He was inside the circle of love." - Dan Dierdorf on a punt fair catch (via ConnorKiesel)
8) "When you give [Michael Turner] gaping holes, he's going to hurt some people." -Dick Stockton... Ok then. (via sctvman)
7) "No one wants to come to New England to play Greg Williams and his defense" -Joe Buck not knowing where New Orleans is. (via jleimer)
6) "Oakland lost to the Heat, *pause* and maybe the Dolphins too"- Marv Albert(via JayAyyyy) moving on to NBA season.
5) "That last play they had five offensive linemen in for extra protection" - Randy Cross (via wyattgywon)
4) "Cincy's the wild card, the Jets are out of the playoffs, and Cincy has their playoff hopes dashed as well." - Curt Menefee (via A_Goch)
3) "That was a penalty and that doesn't count, but that was also one of the most brilliant plays I've seen in a long time." - Cris Collinsworth (via CMehring)
2) "No one works harder, but no one knows less about this game than I do." - Brian Billick (via ClarkbarTweets). C'mon, Billick actually said this?
1)"Let's take a look at Jared Allen's sack." - Tony Siragusa (via chaz_mcbro)