It was a crazy week in college football with a hail mary in East Lansing, a massive upset in Norman, and Stanford's rushing game being as strong as a Jim Harbaugh handshake. It was also a fantastic week for the Pammies with a few stalwarts showing up in the nominees and a couple returnees as well. Perhaps Dr. Lou or one of the amazing PamHawk can topple Craig James this week.
As a reminder as to how the Pammy vote works, each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 8 nominees...
1) Wendi Nix: "I hear Doctor Lou will be in the house at halftime."
Lou Holtz: "Yeah, well no. Not in the house. He'll be here." (via bjo109)
2) Charles Davis: Hey Tim, isn't it hard for a coach to do that?
Davis: I'll get back with you on that, Tim. (via CaptTouchback)
3) "it's tough to see Marcus hurt. he's one of the best college football players we have in college football" - Gary Danielson (via bjo109)
4) "Are they saying boo or hoos?" - Dan Hawkins (via danhodes) They're saying Boo-erns. Boo-erns.
5A) "I'm all for it. I'm not completely against it." - Craig James (via DWW_1992)
5B) "It's not even close and it's really close right now." - Craig James (via IsaacTM)
6) "You dont win the Kentucky Derby with a jackass." - Lou Holtz (via joshlabell)
7) "If Washington is going to win this game, they're going to have to outscore Stanford." - Sean McDonough (via Tom Gower)
8) "We kind of rotate good points up here." - Craig James (via glokkenspx)
9) "These two teams need a win like a man needs water in the desert" - Mike Palawaski (via jleimer)
10) 'I think with Ware & Mathieu suspended, LSU will look to other guys.' - Gary Danielson (via sctvman)
11) "Play to the echo of the whistle" - Kirk Herbstreit (via sctvman)
12) "The more I watch Florida St., the more I see the run game just not working." - Todd McShay (via glokkenspx) after Florida St ran for over 200 yds.
13) "Boyd only has 2 catches on the year but he makes them count because he has 3 touchdowns." - Chris Spielman (via bjo109)
14) "LSU's defense will dish out physicalness on Auburn." - Mark May (via bjo109)
15) "He's the Peyton Manning of the NCAA." -- Matt Millen on Andrew Luck. Peyton went to college, too. (via SC_DougFarrar)
16) "That is a statistical...uhh, something that was proven statistically, right? There was research done on that." - Pam Ward (via twogunsholla)
17) " Grandmas don't look like that, That's a Good-Looking Grandma!" - Matt Millen (via davidreyJR)
Vote For Your Week 8 Pammy Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Wednesday morning so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full Week 9 announcing sked later this week!