Pam Ward triumphantly returns for this week's Pammies with a couple gems in this week's nominees. Elsewhere, ESPN managed to pick up 14 of our 16 nominees this week featuring Craig James and Matt Millen in their starring roles and a couple new faces getting in on the fun. Also, it's a historic week for the Pammies as the one and only Gus Johnson makes his first appearance! You'll have to see it to believe how he makes the field this week...
As a reminder as to how the Pammy vote works, each week we'll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 5 nominees...
1) "Texas is the hungrier team. they're playing with fire in their hair." - Craig James (via bjo109)
2) "Unless you know somethin', don't say nothin'" - Lee Corso (via sctvman)
3) "You know I'm a smoke man" - Brent Musburger (via jleimer) obivously referring to him betting sports.
4) "You can watch Texas practice live on Tuesday & Wednesday, on the Longhorn Network." - Kirk Herbstreit (via SEC_wrld)
5) "Harris, steps into it, almost incomplete." - Mike Patrick (via SBisho12) The pass was incomplete. It was nearly intercepted.
6) "Pittsburgh starting to pick up some chunky gains" - Pam Ward (via sctvman)
7) "When they are in the wildcat, you can bet on them either running or throwing" - Brent Musburger (via jshaddo)
8) "I don't wanna say that snap was way inside, but even Ryan Howard would've swung at it" - Gary Danielson (via AlexFromBuffalo)
9) "Ray Graham running away from would-be defenders" - Pam Ward (via patdoc38)
10) "LSU is hammering LSU" - Scott Van Pelt (via Michael Necci)
11) "This is why Lamar miller averages eight and a half carries per touch." - Craig James (via DWW_1992)
12) "The son of the great CRAIG JAMES from SMU with the score" - Gus Johnson (via ConnorKeisel). There's a hole in the world tonight...
13) "If Tyler Bray were any more laid back, he couldn't see over his hips." - Mark Jones (via CaptTouchback)
14) "You cant make that play in the Big Red Shootout." - Lou Holtz (via David Reeves) commenting on OU/Texas highlights.
15) "You have to read the play, then you have to play football" - Matt Millen (via crippenstation)
16) "Plenty of time and four timeouts" - Mike Patrick (via MrIronD) late in the Miami/VT game when Virginia Tech was driving for the go-ahead TD.
Vote For Your Week 6 Pammy Nominees! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Wednesday morning so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full Week 7 announcing sked later this week!