Tuesday: Berman vs Irvin
Round Two of the Joe Morgan Memorial Tournament is in the books. We had a massive number of people vote throughout the last week as we cut a field of 16 First Round winners down to the Elite Eight of Awful Announcing. If you still aren't aboard the Joe Morgan Memorial bandwagon, we are holding a month long tournament to place a current sports media personality on Awful Announcing's Mount Rushmore to replace not so current awful announcer Joe Morgan. You can get caught up on everything that's happened so far with the full First Round results here and the full Second Round results below...
1) Skip Bayless defeated John Sterling 64.14% - 35.86%
2) Joe Buck defeated Deion Sanders 55.21% - 44.79%
3) Colin Cowherd defeated Joe Theismann 61.71% - 38.29%
4) Chris Berman defeated Mark May 70.09% - 29.91%
5) Jim Gray defeated Thom Brennaman 77.89% - 22.11%
6) Craig James defeated Rick Reilly 66.32% - 33.68%
7) Stephen A. Smith defeated Tony Siragusa 63.91% - 36.09%
8) Michael Irvin defeated Pierre McGuire 69.1% - 30.9%
Our readers and voters have stayed with the spirit of the Joe Morgan Memorial and not limited themselves to the broadcast booth throughout the tournament. Eight men remain covering eight different areas of the sports media. The diverse field includes a play by play man (Buck), booth analyst (James), radio host (Cowherd), debater (Bayless), reporter (Gray), studio analyst (Irvin), studio host (Berman), and, well, whatever Stephen A. Smith does these days. The Elite Eight has again been drawn at random, but the rest of the tournament is now bracketed out as well now that we've reached the quarters. We start Tuesday with our first matchup below (Berman/Irvin) and will go right down the list through Friday with one quarterfinal taking place every day from Tuesday-Friday. The semifinals and final will then take place starting Monday the 25th. See you tomorrow for the beginning of the Elite Eight!
Wednesday: James vs Smtih
Thursday: Cowherd vs Bayless
Friday: Buck vs Gray