The first week of Pammy votes have been calculated with our first weekly winner of the 2012 season. Sadly, it's not David Feherty. Barring a new full-time gig as a sideline reporter for CBS, it looks like he'll have to wait until we launch a PGA Tour version of the Pammies to claim victory. However, a front-runner has emerged for this year's Pammies title. Week 1's Top 10 Pammies are after the jump...
10) "And he puts it through, putting UTEP back on top." - Mike Morgan calling a missed UTEP field goal (via nwnAdam)
9) "I've never seen a ball completed that was thrown out of bounds." - Brian Griese (via dantrainor1)
8) "You have a 6'5" future NFL tight end versus a guy who will work on a submarine some day. I like that matchup." - Gary Danielson (via levnaginsky)
7) "41 yard attempt coming, and he drilled it. Correction! He missed it." - Carter Blackburn (via hokie_Byrd)
6) "He (Tyler Tettleton) is the son of Hall of Fame catcher Mickey Tettleton" - Jesse Palmer putting a 2x All-Star and lifetime .241 hitter in the Hall of Fame (via IamRobSimms)
5) "The longer you are from the first down, the harder it is to get." - Danny Kanell (via PayneNick)
4) "A big swallow job by number 99." - Tom Hart (via HodgeChris5)
3) "The Irish people, they're used to watching hurling, which looks like a mixture of lacrosse and second degree manslaughter." - David Feherty (via AA)
2) "Alabama is used to playing on national TV, Michigan is not." - Mark May (via WebbNHD)
1) "What he saw were what his eyes were showing him." - Matt Millen (via asigler13)
Week 1 Standings
1) Matt Millen 10 pts
2) Mark May 9 pts
3) David Feherty 8 pts
4) Tom Hart 7 pts
5) Danny Kanell 6 pts
Others receiving votes: Jesse Palmer 5 pts, Carter Blackburn 4 pts, Gary Danielson 3 pts, Brian Griese 2 pts, Mike Morgan 1 pt.
Stay tuned for the Week 2 announcing schedule tomorrow morning!
Well Matt Millen nearly had a double entry into this weeks Pam ward Chronicles. I went back and looked at all the results, and Matt Millen finished a mere 2 votes out of the 10th place position- 68 to 66. I realize it is early, but a two point lead this early on could seem huge if he regularly makes top 5 appearances, like most of us expect him to.