4. "I disagree. It creates a frenzied atmosphere even more so. I think it works to Hawaii's advantage. Granted, it took away a TD, there's a frenzy created in this stadium. Granted, they lost four points there, maybe." -- Bob Davie, utterly incomprehensible, disagreeing with Mark Jones in that it hurt Hawaii to lose a TD at the end of the 1st half.
3. "That guy, right there, Denard Robinson..." -- Matt Millen, as the camera shows a shot of DB JT Floyd (via Rick James Bible Owner)
2. "It is unexcusable." -- Andre Ware (via Sctvman)
1. "You need a sense of urgency here, but take your time."-- Chris Spielman (via AA)
Standings after week 1:
1. Chris Spielman (6)
2. Brent Musburger (5)
3. Kelly Stouffer & Joe Beninati (4)
4. Rece Davis, Mike Patrick, Bob Griese, Dave Pasch (3)
5. Craig James (2.5)
Others receiving votes: Mark Jones (2), Dave Lapham (2), Dave Popkin (2), Desmond Howard (1), Lee Corso (1), Pam Ward (1), Craig Hummer (1), Eric Collins (1), Charles Neal (1), Matt Millen (1), Brock Huard (1), Brad Nessler (1), Andre Ware (1), Shaun King (1), Chris Martin (1), Ron Franklin (1), Kurt Herbstreit (1), Trent Dilfer (1)
Ferraro actually does a great job down there, McGuire is just a stooge that does anything anyone tells him so he doesn't offend anybody.
Interesting timing on this article considering Don Cherry indirectly ripped McGuire last night on Coach's Corner for not getting out of the way during the shouting match between Tortorella and DeBoer.