Thanks for all your submissions last week. If you think a comment worthy of a vote is not listed here, then please use the comments to issue a write-in vote. You can vote for the pammy here.
1. "Gordon picks it up & the GPS says endzone." --Chris Martin (via 49er16)
2. "We have an injured Hoosier, and that is a player they can ill-afford to lose." -- Bob Wischusen, who failed to mention who the injured Hoosier was (via Sctvman)
3. "If a ball is tipped, your heart goes into your shoulder in a hurry." -- Andre Ware (via Sctvman)
4. " As darkness falls midday in the Windy City" -- Dave Pasch, what the hell is he talking about its not dark via The Pitty
5. "You can't give them the ball at the 20 yard line." -- Steve Beuerlein after a kick out of bounds (via B-Flo 360)
6. "One thing Sweet 16 has shown, is that he will give away birthday presents." -- Chris Martin after a Denard Robinson interception (via Rick James Bible Owner)
7. "Being bowl-eligible is like being an eligible bachelor. Doesn't automatically mean you're married the next day." - Dave Lapham (via JFein)
8. "Getting first downs keeps drives alive." -- Chris Spielman (via Sctvman)
9. "On first down, in college football, the clock stops to move the chains." -- Bob Griese (via Sctvman)
10. "Offensive penalties will kill you." -- Bob Griese (via Sctvman and B-Flo 360)
11. "Murray made a 10 yard gain by not losing the 10 yards." -- Gary Danielson after getting out of a sack (via Sctvman & Rick James Bible Owner)
12. "I used to be a holder. I could give you (Pam Ward) tips on holding." -- Danny Kanell (via Sctvman)
13. "Ball fair caught by Holmes." - Pam Ward (No fair catch had been called, the ball was rolling on the ground) -- Pam Ward (via Sctvman)
14. " If they a score a TD here, alomost make it a two possession game." -- Gary Danielson when AUB leading 35-31 (via SkinsCapsTerps)
15. "It's not like the NFL. Pass interference is a 10 yard penalty." -- Mike Patrick, nope, it's a 15-yard penalty in college (via Rick James Bible Owner)
16. "I did not think he had the intestinal fortitude to bring the blitz." - Todd Harris after the Nevada d-coordinator blitzed on a key 4th down play that Fresno State did not convert, thus cementing the game for Nevada. (via JFein)
Tremendous coverage, from the sights and sounds to Neville and Tyler to all of the Fox announcers as well. All except Curt Menefee, who again was a fish-outta-water. Not really his fault as it seems Fox is trying to shove him into these unknown waters. Good luck to the evil-four-letter as they attempt to match this coverage in next month's Euro '12.
Martin Tyler can seem a bit ordinary, or even dull, the first time you listen to him, but eventually you'll realize how perfectly he captures the build-up of the sport. I'd trust him and Vin Scully -- who captures baseball's crescendo in his own way -- to announce anything ever in their sports.
I was listening to the penalty kicks on SiriusXM because I had to be in my car. I cannot believe that was a radio broadcast. Except for the penalty shot that his the post, they never described where any kick went, how it was blocked or got through, anything. Just a lot of fancy phrases and no description whatsoever.
Does anyone know what that was?