It's not quite a Pammy quote this week, but I do have to draw some attention to this week's Ohio State- Wisconsin game on Saturday. It was amazing just how much the ESPN broadcast put towards Montee Ball chasing the NCAA FBS touchdown record. Now, this is a significant record, don't get me wrong. However, as Rob Oller in the Columbus Dispatch pointed out, Joe Tessitore "seemed disappointed that a football game interrupted Montee Ball's bid to break the NCAA touchdown rushing record." I would estimate anywhere between 700 and 900 references during the game towards Ball's record pursuit.
I blame Matt Millen.
See this week's actual nominees and vote after the jump...
1) " Not So Fast Midget" - Lee Corso (via jleimer)
2) ""Play action, Smith, wide open over the middle of the field, in traffic and that ball…picked off, 25-yard-line...no! Knocked it down!" - Craig Bolerjack (via DevsFan30) Que?
3) "Marquise Lee is the best receiver in football, including the NFL." - Eddie George (via chifan414)
4) "Good snap, good hold, shankadellic." -Matt Millen (via kylejgood) describing a missed FG.
5) "It's 41-24, someone didn't take their meds, this game is bipolar." - Mike Patrick (via sctvman)
6) "Allen Robinson got weird with 10 catches and three scores against Indiana" - Jesse Palmer (via JT_Moon)
7) "it's like you're playing a video game, but I can't find the button for defense" -Mike Patrick, obviously not a gamer (via MattEdMoore)
8) "John Simon is like the Everready Bunny" - Matt Millen (via McNealc31)
9) "The mad hatter got out-hatted..." -Gary Danielson (via ScottWoolf)
10) "You look at this guy & in a few seconds, you can see he's a football player." - Danny Kanell (via bubbaprog)
11) "It was 41-7 when Maryland scored an inconsequential touchdown..... to some..." - Rece Davis (via Josh_Batelli)
12) "You gotta save the football team, that's why they call you the safety!" - Gary Danielson (via sjwest86)
Vote for your Week 12 Pammy Nominees! (Vote for up to 5!)