We've reached the last full week of the regular season. Although Matt Millen and Gary Danielson have the top two spots pretty much wrapped up, there's still valuable rankings and Pammy BCS spots on the line. See this week's actual nominees and vote after the jump...
1) "And Pedono's field goal is up and no good, Correction! It s good, it dosen't matter what i thought, as the referee's got the call right." - Carter Blackburn (via CUbsfan)
2) "Offensively, when you run the quarterback it's like an extra man, because defensively, you don't account for him." - Matt Millen (via machineexmessiah)
3) "Getting congratulations from Charles, I mean Matt Barkley" - Tom Rinaldi interviewing Manti Te'o (via EppingerKevin)
4) "That's a big one. That's the 15-yard variety." - Matt Stinchcomb (via morganwick) not realizing there are no 5 yard facemask penalties anymore.
5) "Landry Jones had 2 words for him- thank you man." - Maria Taylor (via chifan414)
6) "Swagger, a word I don't like." - Sean McDonough. (via sctvman)
7) "Pressure up front is what causes Michael Rocco to flush himself to the left." - John Congemi (via sctvman)
8) "A windy, coldy...cold day." - Mike Patrick (via rangermanone)
9) "Chaminade sounds like a exotic beverage" - Ray Bentley (via jleimer)
10) "Watch him use his eyes to look this way" - Kirk Herbstreit (via jasonschrock)
11) "Michigan's now got more turnovers than a bakery shop" - Paul Keels (via Jrohmeo)
12) "Lighthearted, zero disrespect to Longhorn Nation, some of the best fans in college football." - Jesse Palmer apologizing for daring to show hook 'em horns upside down (via AA)
13) "Tennessee is a pretty good defensive team" - Andre Ware (via CaptTouchback) Tennessee allows over 35 points a game and is the 108th scoring defense in the country.
14) "Not sipping that beaver juice anymore?" - Desmond Howard to David Pollack (via mminnix74)
Vote for your Week 13 Pammy Nominees! (Vote for up to 5!)
voted this week for 4, 5, 11 and 13.
Ones that should not be on this week....#6, #10 (which sounds like Herbstreit may have been describing a replay) #3, a simple mistake and maybe #2 because if Millen is talking about a quarterback that normally doesn't run the comment makes sense.
Crippen-Patrick's comment isn't totally off base...you can nail a field goal lengthwise but not be accurate. That would apply to a long kick.
Huh. I thought for sure Mike Patrick's field goal call fo-pa would make it here. Oh well. ("He nailed it! ... But wide!")