It was a weird week in college football. Michigan State couldn't even get into the red zone against Notre Dame (expect to see plenty of Lou Holtz this week on ESPN talking about Notre Dame being BACK!!), Utah fans almost cost their team a win by acting stupid, and a young girl gave Lane Kiffin a piece of her mind after Stanford upset USC. That Pac 12 game gave us this week's Pammies frontrunner thanks to Fox's new studio host. Your full list of nominees and poll are after the jump!
1) "Nobody's going to class tomorrow morning" ~ Erin Andrews That's because tomorrow's Sunday, Erin. (via crippenstation)
2) "He just out-athleted everyone else on the field." - Charles Davis (via tobyhyde)
3) "You're never wrong if you wrap up" - Chris Spielman (via Andy_Welch1)
4) "We got lot of fat people here in Alabama" - Charles Barkley (via phillipjtang)
5) "Those guys are a couple of nightmares on Elm Street, the Kruger household." - Mark Neely (via bigddan11)
6) "Brady Quinn won't play as long as he's behind Peyton Manning in Denver." - Brent Musburger (via FlubberMcGee)
7) "He's smart from the neck up" - Chris Martin (via GeoffreyMarshall)
8) "If you can't score, you can't win." - Mark May (via jwdoane)
9) "Three more for Tennessee and they lead by 17" after Florida kicks a FG to increase their lead - Brad Nessler (via AbeGordon)
10) "He's got little guy feet and a big body" - Matt Millen (via cbarrett0256)
11) "They do a great job of snapping the ball" - Dale Drypolcher (via AlexFromBuffalo)
12) "He was down. Oh wait, the ball was coming out." - Gary Danielson (via theUNLVBigGuy)
13) "He tracks him down like his middle name is Garmin" - Desmond Howard (via CaptTouchback)
Vote for your Week 3 Pammy Nominees!
I don't think #3 or #9 belong. Spielmans' comment makes sense and Nessler made an honest error. Pammies should be nominated for the wackiness factor such as #5, #8 or #1. All announcers make errors, this award should be for the really really messed up
I'm not surprised by this weeks nominees, but I really thought Bentley's injuryed comment would make the list. It goes to show just how bad this last weeks announcing truly was.
@ibis316 It's not. He was meaning to say injured, but he said injuryed, which is why I submitted it in the first place.