Grab a cool, tall glass of beaver juice and join us for our Week 5 Pammy Nominees! Your full list of nominees and poll are after the jump!
1) "Believe it or not, we're told that Wazzu is trending on the social media site, Twitter." - Mark Jones, so hip during Oregon/Washington St. (via CK29)
2) "Cocky hasn't had much to crow about tonight." - Mike Patrick (via TheBlightning)
3) "This is a QB draw from Jump Street." - Ed Cunningham (via sctvman)
4) "Jack Russell should play for Butler. He could be a Jack Russell Terrier." - Brad Nessler (via CBusch209) Butler are the Bulldogs.
5) "THE COWBOYS! BAM 69!" - Gus Johnson (via the506)
6) "They don't have a lot of timeouts left" - Dan Hawkins on Cincy having no timeouts left (via FakeMikeLondon)
7) "Be sure to get tickets for one of the top bowl games of the year the BBVA Compass bowl" - Dave Neal (via philipjtang)
8) "It's got to be inconclusive video evidence to overturn the call on the field." - Andre Ware. (via sjwest86)
9) "Ohio State & Michigan State features the only showdown between 2 ranked teams this weekend." - Carter Blackburn, forgetting the existence of WVU-Baylor.
10) "I'm not big on the Beavers right now, I know David Pollack is big on the Beavers, he's sipping that Beaver juice." - Desmond Howard (video via SBNation)
11) "Thats what the kids today call 'beasting' a football" - Charles Davis (via TroyMauriello) Those kids and the things they say today.
12) "He's listed at six-one but he's really only about six-foot." - Todd Blackledge on Taylor Martinez (via thomasbeisner)
13) "I don't have the greatest memory for words at my age" - Lou Holtz (via sommelierMark)
14) "Wild card here" - Verne Lundquist when Tennessee got into the wildcat. (via CantonJayne)
15) "When you think of the defensive trenches in the Big 10, you think about Ndamukong Suh." - David Pollack (via bubbaprog) Ndamukong Suh played for Nebraska when they were in the Big XII, not the Big 10.
Vote for your Week 5 Pammy Nominees! (Vote for up to 5!)
I wouldn't have listed Uncle Verne's mistake. That could have been said by anyone. The Pammies, as I've written before should be devoted to the bizarre or to a horrible mistake, not a slight misquote. Dez should win this one easily. Voted for him, GUS JOHNSON, Charles Davis, Hawkins and Blackledge.
It probably should be noted that Carter Blackburn did adjust that statement after the first time to say "The only match-up featuring two top 20 programs this weekend," but it doesn't change that West Virginia was #9 and Baylor was #24 going into that game, and Blackburn did say that Ohio State & Michigan State were the only two ranked teams playing this week during the broadcast.