We're ready to announce the latest Pammy awards and the updated standings after Week 3 in college football. It was an especially strong debut for CBS analyst Gary Danielson as he took the top and bottom spots in this week's Top 10, knocking the trailblazer of the Pam Ward Chronicles from her #1 position. Pam keeps her total ticking over with five points this week and Craig James vaults into second place with Matt Millen close behind. The big names are certainly coming to play so far this season in the Pammies. In a satirical quote contest, I'm not really sure what that means... Anyways, the envelope please...
10) "The ball hits off three body parts. A hand, a helmet.. well, a helmet's not a body part." - Gary Danielson (via CaptTouchback)
9) "You gotta hold your water." - Jesse Palmer (via bmaze) on LSU's defense jumping offside... or needing to pee.
8) "He (Paul Johnson) is unconventional, no, inconventional, no, deconventional in his thought process." - Keith Jones (via sctvman)
7) "Kirk Cousins also an internet sensation now after a speech that he gave at the annual Big Ten media luncheon went viral... has over 110 hits on Youtube." - Alex Flanagan (via Ben Koo) [VIDEO]
6) "Houston, scoring his 20th touchdown on the year, on the ground." - Pam Ward (via MDWDFW)
5) "Tie goes to the runner." - Matt Millen (via CK29) on an equal possession reception...it's not baseball, everyone's running
4) "It's so hard to win in football." - Tom Cole (via sctvman)
3) "Chris Berman, the best analyst in the business." - Beth Mowins (via sctvman)
2) "If he wasn't a quiet guy, he would be a vocal leader on this club" - Craig James (via dhh78) on Marcus Lattimore.
1) "Got his hands on a lot of balls and then a sack." - Gary Danielson (via Ryan Scheb)
Week 3 Top 5 -
1) Pam Ward 28 pts
2) Craig James 17 pts
3) Matt Millen 14 pts
4) Beth Mowins 13 pts
5) Gary Danielson 11 pts,
Others receiving votes - T6) Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, Warrick Dunn 9 pts, Dan Hawkins 9 pts, 9) Sean McDonogh 8 pts, T10) Wendi Nix 7 pts, Steve Martin 7 pts, Tom Cole 7 pts, 13) Lou Holtz 6 pts, 14) Andre Ware 5 pts, 15) Alex Flanagan 4 pts, T16) Joe Tiller 3 pts, Keith Jones 3 pts, T18) Danny Kanell 2 pts, Jesse Palmer 2 pts, 20) Kevin Kugler 1 pt.
The Full Week 4 Announcing Schedule will be coming soon, where you can find the dates and times of games and all the announcing pairings as well. Then, make sure you check back every Saturday for the Pam Ward Chronicles and another week of the Pammies!
I'm kinda surprise FOX hasn't launched their own ESPNews type channel yet. They have all these local regional sports networks which is great but they need that 24/7 channel like ESPNews is. Why did FOX stop doing their 30-minute sports highlights show? I can't even remember what it was called now.
They paid 2 billion for a crappy MNF product. That was pure genius. The good games are on NBC on Sunday night. When ESPN showed Sunday night games, back in the day, they sucked at that too. If they got Sunday afternoon games they would destroy that as well. And one more stroke of genius... Skip Bayless sucked on Dallas radio so what does ESPN do? Let's put him on Monday-Friday and make our viewers throw-up daily! And for the gut wrenching dry heaves...we'll put Stephen A. Smith on with him! I want to know what executive at ESPN came up with that crappy duo? I bang my head against the wall & drag my face against barbed wire just to make the pain go away!
@lolaricco Are you saying the games ESPN puts on suck, or their production of them does? If the former, that's all on the NFL, and you can't blame them for not wanting to force people to get cable to watch their marquee games, especially when they have a broadcast primetime package.
Wow, for a guy not worried about NBCSN Skipper sure talks a lot about them.
In five years (maybe less) this could be a real horse race for sports coverage #1...which could be really good for us sports fans.
NBC Sports is also very much in the midst of getting a hold of themselves since the Comcast/NBC merger as well. For instance, their NBCSN staffers are split between Stamford, CT and 30 Rock NYC in every department. Their digital side is growing exponentially by day, and they're building a lucrative building in Stamford that they hope will be done mid 2013. Post completion, they'll be moving all NBCSN people up there and out of NYC. Rather interesting spot for their HQ, given the proximity to Bristol, no?
nbc sports NEEDS to succeed. not just for them but for us, the viewing audience.
espn has veered so far off of what they were. they are now unrecognizable. gone are the in depth analysis, replaced by a constant baraage of pompous writers screaming at each other. the sports network that once covered sports, now covers gossip, rumors, and innuendo. and in some cases, starting those rumors.
i and alot of my friends stopped watching espn years ago once we gained access to the sports specific channels.