It was only a matter of time until the Penn State scandal spilled over into the Pammies. This week, brave ESPN reporter Tom Rinaldi takes top spot for a quote from the leader's PSU-Nebraska coverage. Reporting in front of ominous bushes and sleepy, peaceful students is no easy task ya know. As for the rest of this week's winners, Shaun King and Craig James populate the rest of the top five. The envelope please...
10) "The Gamecocks lead it by nine." - Tim Brando (via Dascenzo) It was 14-3.
9) "Depth is a problem on defense all over the Southeast Conference, especially on defense." - Gary Danielson (via TheBlightning)
8) "He does a good job of reading, coming out of his zone and splitting the defenders on the screen. What I mean by defenders is the big offensive linemen." -Chris Spielman (via TheBlightning)
7) "Two things that will not show up on the stat sheet: two-point conversions." - Paul Burmeister (via RonFlatter)
6) "4 seconds left on shot clock." - Verne Lundquist (via govolx)
5) "We knew this game was going to be a game." - Shaun King (via Jarvidus)
4) "This is just out of QB sneak range. It's 3rd and 7." - Craig James (via sctvman)
3) "I'm no math major. 6 out of 10 is 60%." - Craig James (via BloggerJustinF) on the number of Big Ten stadiums named after people who served in the armed forces. There are 12 Big Ten teams.
2) "Boise doesn't lose at home. You have to beat them" - Shaun King (via SoonerCharley)
1) "Fans are wearing blue in honor of child support, err, child abuse" - Tom Rinaldi(via AlexFromBuffalo)
Week 11 Top 5 -
1) Craig James 110 pts
2) Matt Millen 70 pts
T3) Pam Ward 46 pts
T3) Gary Danielson 46 pts
5) Chris Spielman 35 pts
Others receiving votes - Brent Musburger 28 pts, Lou Holtz 21 pts, Shaun King 18 pts, Mike Patrick 17 pts, Mark Jones 16 pts, Beth Mowins 13 pts, Brett Favre 13 pts, Sean McDonough 13 pts, Jesse Palmer 12 pts, Tom Rinaldi 10 pts, Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, Warrick Dunn 9 pts, Dan Hawkins 9 pts, Jenn Brown 9 pts, Andre Ware 8 pts, Verne Lundquist 8 pts, Gus Johnson 7 pts, Lee Corso 7 pts, Wendi Nix 7 pts, Steve Martin 7 pts, Tom Cole 7 pts, Rod Gilmore 6 pts, Dave Pasch 5 pts, Bill Land 5 pts, Alex Flanagan 4 pts, Mike Morgan 4 pts, Paul Burmeister 4 pts, Joe Tiller 3 pts, Keith Jones 3 pts, Desmond Howard 3 pts, Charles Davis 3 pts, , Danny Kanell 2 pts, Steve Beuerlein 2 pts, Scott Van Pelt 2 pts, Kevin Kugler 1 pt, Eric Collins 1 pt, Todd McShay 1 pt, Ray Bentley 1 pt, Tim Brando 1 pt.
The Full Week 12 Announcing Schedule will be coming soon, where you can find the dates and times of games and all the announcing pairings as well. Then, make sure you check back every Saturday for the Pam Ward Chronicles and another week of the Pammies!
you guys all make good points, but the writer states "SAS's diabolical combination with Skip Bayless in the faux sports debate style show First Take on ESPN2 might just be the worst sports programming that has ever existed."
to say that its fake? cmon now, it has definitely become more about the entertainment side, but mainly because its funny. its a show with a sense of humor that doesnt take it self seriously. I would like to see less SAS though.
I'm not a big fan of First Take as the egos on the show are outrageous at times, but I did love how Stephen A Smith broke Skip's ego and hard on over Tim Tebow.
@AdrianWolf you have terrible taste.
@AdrianWolf Because we all know that popularity = quality.
American Idol and Dancing With the Stars are two of the top five highest rated shows of the entire 2011-12 television season based on season to date ratings. That automatically means they're both of the utmost quality, right?
@PackerFan You're really splitting hairs at best. You think I'm stretching the meaning of what he said. I could easily say the same about you. I'm done talking about it. I made my point. The original poster tried to equate popularity to quality and I pointed out the flaw in that thinking. He didn't dispute my point.
@Baron Munchausen Yes, I realize what he is saying. You are failing to realize that something can be "not the worst show" and still not be a quality show. You are the one who changed the terms of the discussion when you used the phrase "utmost quality." You are stretching what he said. Ironically, this is exactly what Skip Bayless does to Stephen A on a regular basis.
@PackerFan Go back and read AdrianWolf's first post: "worst show? seriously? thats why its among one of the most popular right?"
Then go back and re-read my post and I think you'll see my point and realize that your post directed toward me was erroneous.
AdrianWolf is clearly citing the show's supposed popularity as evidence that it's not the "worst show". I'm not sure how anyone could draw any other conclusion from his post.
@AdrianWolf Welcome to this blog. They spend half of their time attacking Skip Bayless and First Take. They need to find a new punching bag and preferably one that isn't growing in popularity basically every day.