Finally, someone has topped Craig James in a weekly Pammy poll! We all owe the genius of Matt Millen a debt of gratitude. He picks up some major ground this week and moves into second place with the #1 and #4 quotes this week. Almost as brilliant as the drafting of Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. There's still time left for Millen to make a St. Louis Cardinalsesque run to the Pammy championship as we hit November. (Note: On appeal the Pammy committee removed Verne's "this year's Game of the Century" remark from the nominees due to its ironic quality. Well played, Mr. Lundquist, our apologies.) The envelope please...
10) "Can't quite tell you the number, but I can tell you it is an offensive lineman" - Ray Bentley (via AlexfromBuffalo) Uh, Ray, WVU is on defense.
9) "...and Woods has got it at the...incomplete." - Brent Musberger (via mattyzucks)
8) "He's a first time starter going thru everything for the first time." - Andre Ware (via sctvman)
7) "You're only effective when you're productive" - Chris Spielman (via RYbbc34)
6) "Nothing doing as Tech stiffens against Jeff Woody." - Bill Land (via Matt Kennedy)
5) "This is what you get when two hungry trains get on the same track and don't want to get off" - Gary Danielson (via DerekLynch64) Hungry... trains???
4) "Consistent consistency" - Matt Millen (via ThaNardDawg)
3) "Come on guys, it's football, get tough" - Craig James (via dmcalpi). Umm Craig why you talk about that with your son first...
2) "Spurrier used to say you can't spell UT without Citrus... wait." - Mark Jones (via CaptTouchback)
1) "You come in and bite, I'm pullin' that sucker out" - Matt Millen (via Chris Schenkel)
Week 9 Top 5 -
1) Craig James 95 pts
2) Matt Millen 60 pts
3) Pam Ward 45 pts
4) Gary Danielson 41 pts
5) Chris Spielman 22 pts
Others receiving votes - Lou Holtz 21 pts, Brent Musburger 19 pts, Beth Mowins 13 pts, Brett Favre 13 pts, Sean McDonough 13 pts, Mark Jones 9 pts, Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, Warrick Dunn 9 pts, Dan Hawkins 9 pts, Jenn Brown 9 pts, Mike Patrick 9 pts, Andre Ware 8 pts, Gus Johnson 7 pts, Lee Corso 7 pts, Wendi Nix 7 pts, Steve Martin 7 pts, Tom Cole 7 pts, Jesse Palmer 6 pts, Rod Gilmore 6 pts, Dave Pasch 5 pts, Bill Land 5 pts, Alex Flanagan 4 pts, Mike Morgan 4 pts, Joe Tiller 3 pts, Keith Jones 3 pts, Desmond Howard 3 pts, Shaun King 3 pts, Charles Davis 3 pts, Danny Kanell 2 pts, Steve Beuerlein 2 pts, Scott Van Pelt 2 pts, Kevin Kugler 1 pt, Eric Collins 1 pt, Verne Lundquist 1 pt, Todd McShay 1 pt, Ray Bentley 1 pt.
The Full Week 10 Announcing Schedule will be coming soon, where you can find the dates and times of games and all the announcing pairings as well. Then, make sure you check back every Saturday for the Pam Ward Chronicles and another week of the Pammies!
Colin is exactly right. Hockey doesn't get the cream of the crop. Hockey is about as popular as swimming.
Cowherd's a blowhard. I don't like Emrick though - too frantic and makes up silly terms for what players are doing.
I wish I'd taken a picture of press row at MSG this week. I'm in my early 30s and easily, if not the youngest, then one of the youngest that was in the press box there.
It was a very veteran crew.
Meh. Cowherd's simply trolling, and naturally it'll work. His job is to draw attention and generate conversation, so he lets loose with stuff like this often.
This dumb fool was a broadcast for the Las Vegas 51s, a minor league baseball team. So he knows a lot about the cream of the crop, obviously.
When was the last time Colin Cowherd was in a locker room of any sport? He's the rush limbaugh of sports. All he does is throw out hyperbole to try to get a rise out of people. I wish Buccigross wouldn;t have re-upped with the "wwl" so we could get nhl 2nite back
The best is that Stan Fischler actually covers more Islander games than Ranger games and the Isles beat writer, Arthur Staple, is a s seasoned hockey journalist. Not the ckid fresh out of college like he says.
Even if GR was at a floral show... what's he supposed to be doing? The Panthers season is over, the exit interviews are over, is he supposed to be camping out in the press box all summer?
And you wonder why Michelle Beadle (and others) left ESPN... I can't imagine working with this guy 5 days a week.
@celticchamps Just because something is unpopular doesn't mean it sucks. American Idol and The Voice are popular, and they suck, proving that most Americans have no substance or taste. And the Sixers win game 7.