To put into perspective just how absolutely dominant Matt Millen has been in this year's Pammies, he now leads second place Kirk Herbstreit and Verne Lundquist by 57 points. This time last year, Craig James' lead over Millen at Week 9 was a mere 35 points. Millen has almost quadruple the amount of Pammies points as anyone else this season! Is it enough to get him on our Mount Rushmore next Tuesday? The Pammies standings and your weekly Top 10 after the jump...
10) "This is a patriotic game. Lots of flags" -Verne Lundquist (via LeahGoldman91)
9) "You know why he's in here? This Is why he's in here" - Kirk Herbstreit forgetting to explain why Everet Golston is in there. (via JesseDeadWoodHarwood)
8) "He's a tough runner, and he's really tough." - Lee Corso on Theo Riddick (via cravinchristian)
7) "The J.P. (in J.P. Smith) must stand for Just Please!" - Mark Jones talking about Nebraska's P.J. Smith. (via coachwingenbach)
6) "That's my alma mater — the Golden Fishes!" - Lou Holtz (via shaner)
5) "He was ralphing pretty strong." --Matt Millen on Arizona's QB throwing up. (via WelikeSportzTx)
4) "And Pederson goes un-molested into the endzone" - Mike Patrick (via HowieV100_7)
3) "Both Lee and Woods are football players." - Matt Millen. Thanks Matt. (via Jonathan_Biles)
2) "Ohio State is going to have to score to win this game" - Kirk Herbstreit (via BY318)
1) "Northwestern working the play cock." - Beth Mowins (via yatchawk)
Week 9 Standings
1) Matt Millen 78 pts
T2) Kirk Herbstreit 21 pts, Verne Lundquist 21 pts
4) Mark May 20 pts,
T5) Desmond Howard 19 pts, Erin Andrews 19 pts,
Others receiving votes: Beth Mowins 18 pts, Lee Corso 15 pts, Gary Danielson 15 pts, Dan Hawkins 14.5, Danny Kanell 14 pts, Chris Martin 12 pts, Gus Johnson 12 pts, Eric Crouch 12 pts, Todd Blackledge 11 pts, Lou Holtz 11 pts, Andre Ware 10.5 pts, Brian Griese 10 pts, Brent Musburger 10 pts, Kevin Carter 10 pts, Wendi Nix 10 pts, Glen Mason 10 pts, Dave Neal 9 pts, Carter Blackburn 9 pts, Joel Klatt 9 pts, Eddie George 8 pts, Tom Hart 7 pts, Derek Rackley 7 pts, Mike Patrick 7 pts, Jesse Palmer 5 pts, David Pollack 4 pts, Mark Jones 4 pts, Charles Davis 4 pts, Chris Fowler 4 pts, Rece Davis 4 pts, Brad Nessler 3 pts, Sean McDonough 3 pts, Dale Drypolcher 2 pts, Mike Morgan 1 pt, Tom Cole 1 pt.
Celebrity Division: Ryan Lochte 10 pts, Charles Barkley 9 pts, David Feherty 8 pts.
I know it isn't an announcer, but when Matt Pelc posted "I know its not football, but Tim McCarver on Sunday night said in Game 3 (with the Tigers down 3-0 in a Best of 7 series) "This game is a must win for the Tigers." Duh, you think Timmy?"... How can you be down 3 - 0 in game 3 (referring to # of games down, not the score)? I think you meant Game 4. Awful Announcing, more like Awful Commenting.
jk, Matt. In all seriousness, Tim McCarver is terrible.
I know its not football, but Tim McCarver on Sunday night said in Game 3 (with the Tigers down 3-0 in a Best of 7 series) "This game is a must win for the Tigers." Duh, you think Timmy?